Friday, January 24, 2014

Nahigugma Ko Kaninyo!

Kamusta to all of my wonderful family and friends!
 
First of all, a huge thanks to everyone that has sent me mail! I set the zone record this week for receiving 9 letters in a day, which made me feel the coolest missionary in the world!!!!! Everyone in my zone thinks that I'm super popular or something, but I tell them that somehow the nicest people in the world agreed to be my friends and I'm just really blessed as a result. Life can not get better at the MTC! Another week of learning, studying, growing, and mostly a bunch of fun! In my zone, I have been serving as the Zone Music Leader (I'm not that musically talented - I'm just the only one in my zone that can play the piano, so I was kind of a shoe in haha). I absolutely love my calling! I'm in charge of coordinating the music portion of our sacrament meetings, including special musical numbers. When I first asked the missionaries in my zone if anyone had any musical talents there was an unanimous cricket noise haha but we've been pulling out SATB numbers, a six elder barbershop choir, flute/piano duets, and gorgeous vocal solo's each week. I love to see all of the amazing talent that all of the missionaries have in my zone, and their music making abilities always bring a special spirit to sacrament meeting each Sunday. One of my favorite parts of each day is gym time. We can run, lift weights, play four square, basketball, and volleyball! All 14 of us Cebuano speakers have the same gym time as the Fijian/Kiribati/Marshaliese/Samoan/Tongan/Hilgaynon speaking missionaries aka it's Islander Central, which is super fun! Except for the fact that I like to play volleyball. And everyone knows the Poly's love them a good competitive game of volleyball. And they usually slam the volleyball in the ground like Donkey Kong would. So basically every time one of the Polynesian Elders go up for a spike I just pray for dear life that my face won't get smashed hahaha but it's all in good fun! This week I was able to reflect on why I decided to take 18 months to serve a missionary. I'm so grateful that I am able to be Sister Lauck because I have the opportunity to share what brings me the utmost happiness with others who do not know the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! This Gospel is His Gospel, and I know that as we follow its teachings we will be able to come closer to Christ and be eternally and infinitely blessed as a result. I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and how He has been my advocate, my comforter, and most of all my friend throughout my entire life, and especially during these last 3 weeks. These truths have been manifested to me over and over and over again as I have been here at the MTC and I add my own witness. I hope everyone is doing wonderful and loving their life as I am mine!!! I am praying for everyone!!!!!!!
 
Lots and lots and lots and lots of love,
A very happy Sister Lauck (:
 

P.S. Here's a picture of me on the floor where I usually spend a 4 solid hours everyday haha it's my favorite place to study!

No comments:

Post a Comment