Sunday, May 3, 2015

Another Amazing Week!!!!

Guys, this week was SO GOOD!

It started off with a mission tour with Elder Ardern of the 70. He spoke with all of the missionaries in our mission on Cebu Island and really gave some inspired counsel on how we can improve our work. I love the challenge of improving and Sister Mahinay and I are doing our best to leave it all out on the mission field before we have to head home.

I also went on splits with Sister Conde, who was my replacement in my last area aka I got to go back and visit my old area with my old investigators! It was the best (:

But the cherry on top of my week was getting to go back to Danao where I spent a 1/3 of my mission!!! I got to visit there because my investigator I taught, Sis.Salome, finally got baptized! I say finally because we've been waiting since January for her baptism. She is lights out amazing and the golden investigator every missionary is looking to find! Sister Salima and I started teaching her back in November and she was initially skeptical about Joseph Smith and the Book of Mormon. But then she got diagnosed with  stage 3 breast cancer and started worrying about where she would end up if she passed away. At that point, Sister Clegg and I were companions and started teaching her the Plan of Salvation. When we first taught her about the pre-mortal life she kept saying, "This feels familiar to me, I think I knew this before" and the rest is history. Every Sunday, even though she was  weak because of the chemotherapy, she would hike down the mountain where she lived and head to church because she knew the Lord would give her enough strength to do so. At one point, when her health situation looked bleak! She asked for a priesthood blessing, fully knowing that if she did, she would be healed and survive her cancer. And she did (: Then last month, she finally got the clearance from her doctor that she could be baptized.  The spirit was so strong at her baptism, especially knowing the hardships she overcame to get to that point.She is such a powerful example to me of a woman of faith. I'm so grateful that I got to know her. Heavenly Father has placed in my path here on the mission, and in life in general, so many amazing people! Thanks everyone for the way you strengthen me! 

I love everyone! I know that this Church is true. The spirit confirms it to me each day that I teach. Hope everyone has a great week!

Love,
Sister Lauck





No comments:

Post a Comment