Monday, August 11, 2014

Danao!

Okay, clearly I've been slacking on the whole emailing thing! Needless to say it's been a couple of crazy weeks, but I'll do my best to try to get everyone up to date (:

So, I transferred! Finally! After spending 1/3 of my mission in Tag Bilaran, it was finally time for me to say bye. It was way harder than I initially thought it would be to say goodbye to my first area. I truly grew to love that place and of course the people! But most of all, I think I love Tag Bi because all of the experiences and trials and growth that took place there. So after packing my (heavy) bags [I may or may not have picked up a ton of souvenirs there haha] and saying goodbye to all my favorite investigators and members, I went to the ferry, caught a boat and went back to the main island of Cebu to go to my new area.... Danao!

But before I headed over to Danao, I had to stop at the mission office for transfers. That was a highlight for me because I finally got to see some of my favorite missionaries that I hadn't seen in FOREVER, including my trainer, Sis.T! We had a pretty sweet reunion (:

Then I headed out to Danao! Not going to lie, I know I've been in the Philippines for a while now, but I had totally culture shock when I arrived in Danao. I guess the best way to put it is that Bohol is like the tropical beauty, touristy vacation spot with happy little Boholians. And Danao definitely looks like it's been hit hard with poverty and pollution and drugs. It's known as the ghetto zone in our mission haha but it has it's hidden beauties and treasures too, and it's right along the ocean, so there's no complaining about that! And I love that Danao seems a little down in the dumps because as a missionary I have the perfect antidote for it - The Gospel of Jesus Christ (: I can't help but be happy to be a missionary, especially in this area, because I personally know the blessings of peace and guidance and hope readily available for those who will accept the Gospel in their lives. And even though I've only been here for about 10 days, it's already been great! My new companion, Sis.Lange, is awesome! She's from Temecula, CA and has been out on the mission for about a year. She's 20 and she went to BYU and we were both freshman up there at the same time, so that's pretty cool! We work great together and I love her! It's great because she's very calm and collected and I tend to be a little more energetic and enthusiastic, so we balance each other pretty well (: We had a baptism my 2nd day here and had some powerful lessons tracting and even had a drunk guy read 1 Corinthians 14:34-35 to us. Sister Lange and I got a pretty good kick out of that one! 

Haha but life is great I'm ready to work hard in Danao and spread some happiness and change some lives! I'm so grateful that I was assigned in the Philippines and that I get to serve as a full time representative of Jesus Christ! I have the best job in the world!!!!!!!!!!! (: Hope everyone is enjoying the end of their summer and loving life!!!!

Lots of love,
Sister Lauck (:


Our last picture of the 4 of us sisters together - Sis.Dala, me, and Sis.Johnson, and Sis.Hatch.

My trainer Sis.T & I!

One last picture with one of my favorite members, the Bete's!

No comments:

Post a Comment